Our dental team will perform a comprehensive dental exam at your initial dental visit.
At regular check-up exams, we will include the following:
- Examination of diagnostic radiographs (x-rays): Essential for detection of decay, tumours, cysts, and bone loss. X-rays also help determine tooth and root positions.
- Oral cancer screening: Check the face, neck, lips, tongue, throat, tissues, and gums for any signs of oral cancer.
- TMJ assessment: Check the jaw joints for proper alignment and functioning.
- Gum disease evaluation: Check the gums and bone around the teeth for any signs of periodontal disease.
- Examination of tooth decay: All tooth surfaces will be checked for decay with special dental instruments.
- Examination of existing restorations: Check current fillings, crowns, etc.
The Academy Dental Team
We really love our patients and are thrilled every time you come in for an appointment. Our entire team is honoured to be caring for your dental needs and we hope you truly feel comfortable at our practice!
Featured Dental Services
Our quality dental services are the foundation of our commitment to your dental health.
From fillings to dentures, our practice offers a full spectrum of services for your entire family. > More
A healthy mouth starts good oral hygiene and a balanced diet, and is supported by regular dental exams, cleanings and radiographs. > More
Gum health impacts your overall well-being. Our periodontal services help prevent gum diseases such as gingivitis. > More