If you and your family are new to Winnipeg, you may be looking for a new dentist near you. Finding the right dentist can be tricky, so here is some advice from our Academy Dental Group dentists to help you make a decision.
Consider Location & Scheduling
For optimum oral health, you must visit your dentist at least every six months for a professional cleaning and checkup. For this reason, the location, office hours, and patient communication style of your new dental office is very important.
Ask yourself the following questions when considering a dental office:
- Is it near my home, and easily accessible?
- Are the office hours compatible with my family’s schedule?
- Does this dentist's office accept my insurance?
- How does this office manage things like appointment scheduling, reminders, and cancellations?
Do Some Research
If you are reading this article, you are probably in the process of researching right now. That said, here are some avenues for research that you might not have considered:
- Contact your local or provincial dental society for a list of dentists in your area.
- Talk to friends and family who live nearby; what dentists do they go to? What are their thoughts?
- After narrowing down your options, read the Google reviews for each one.
Pay Some Visits
Now that you have reduced your list of options based on the criteria above, it's time to visit the offices on your list. Visiting will give you the opportunity meet the staff and get to know the office environment, and determine if they are a good fit for your family.
The dentists at Academy Dental Group are always happy to welcome potential new patients to come and get to know our office. Just give us a call to let us know you'd like to drop by, and we’d be glad to give you a tour!
Consider Special Interests & Experience
If you or a member of your family is dealing with a specific dental issue, it may be valuable to choose a dentist with a specialty in that area.
At Academy Dental Group in Winnipeg, our on-site periodontist Dr. Reem Atout specializes in treating all manner of gum and gum disease related issues, and helping patients maintain healthy gums.
Tip 5: Evaluate After The First Appointment
Once you have chosen a dental office that you think would be a good fit for you and your family, book and attend an initial appointment. Afterwards, ask yourself:
- Were the dentists and dental team friendly and easy to talk to? Did they answer all your questions, and provide the information you needed about fees, availability and appointments?
- Did they explain your treatment options and plan in a way that you could understand? Were your questions and concerns about your dental health addressed to your satisfaction?
- Did they address at-home preventive dental care with you, such as brushing and flossing technique?
- Was the practice clean, comfortable, and well organized?
If your answers these questions are 'yes', then this dentist may be a good fit!
Welcoming New Patients in Winnipeg
Our dentists and team are always happy to welcome new patient to our Winnipeg dental office. If you are looking for a new dentist in Winnipeg, we hope you will consider us!